Subject: [Leica] Has anyone tried BRUICHLADDICH ?
From: j2m46 at hotmail.fr (Jean-Michel Mertz)
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 15:07:54 +0100

Hi everyone,I had for years favoured Lagavulin, Islay's most distinguished
malt. Recently my son in law offered me a bottle of Bruichladdich
("brookladdie")- the "peat" version, single malt of course, and Islay-made,
which is a must. The first sip was amazing, very similar to Lagavulin, but
with a honeyish first impression and then this cascade of peat and smoke and
a very unique and exceptional finish. I believe the taste, the explosion I
should say, lingered in my palate for a very long while ... So for the time
being I favour this very special and unique whisky. Too bad the distillery
isn't owned by locals anymore. It was started in 1881 by the Harvey brothers
and had a troubled history before being renovated. The concept is both very
modern and traditional, they call themselves "an avant-garde distillery",
why not. Some of the whisky is "vintage", I haven't bought any yet, a bit
too expensive for me! Sl?inte!JM