Subject: [Leica] OT: Adobe software download version prices
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 14:19:02 +0100 (CET)

But surely you must understand that those electrons have to travel such a
long way to Australia, so it must cost more there ;-)

Also, it is apparently not just Adobe:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21519050

On a serious note, I think that things are more expensive in rich places
because companies charge what the market will bear, other things being
equal. When I was in San Francisco in September, I was shocked by the
prices of basic foodstuffs like vegetables--around twice as much as in
Spain, for quality that is at best at par.

There are exceptions: photo gear and electronics are cheaper in the US
than in Spain, but that is because the US market for those things is so
much more competitive.

Cheers,
Nathan