Subject: [Leica] IMG: Architectural detail studies of Kaiser Hospital, Vacaville, CA
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 19:04:50 -0800

I had occasion to walk the grounds of the Kaiser Hospital while a friend
underwent physical therapy for a rather disastrous total knee replacement.
(Think infection...)

I found this amusing and curious:

<http://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/gallery/28224415_Wn9mZX#!i=2387092909&k=CV9B2cm&lb=1&s=A>

The hospital complex is filled with pure forms:

<http://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/gallery/28224415_Wn9mZX#!i=2387092739&k=8dCc5xJ&lb=1&s=A>

The subtle shading of this industrial siding on a vast physical plant
building caught my eye:

<http://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/gallery/28224415_Wn9mZX#!i=2387092362&k=WndTwKB&lb=1&s=A>

As did this contrast in horizontal features. Behind the louvers is a huge
fan. I assume it is in conjunction for the complex' a/c.

<http://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/gallery/28224415_Wn9mZX#!i=2387092166&k=bZjPtrt&lb=1&s=A>

And finally I'd call this a "scupper" although it's really a rather
pleasantly designed spout for draining the building's flat roof.

<http://adam-bridge.smugmug.com/gallery/28224415_Wn9mZX#!i=2387091914&k=XmTXhkx&lb=1&s=A>

These were all shot with my Sony NEX-7 and the 18-200 zoom.

Comments, thoughts, reflections, are welcome as always.

Thanks for looking.

Adam Bridge

Replies: Reply from ric at cartersxrd.net (RicCarter) ([Leica] IMG: Architectural detail studies of Kaiser Hospital, Vacaville, CA)