Subject: [Leica] Leica M240
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 02:42:42 -0400

Missed that phrase apparently!
There is something to be said for shooting black and white with a full color
sensor as I've done a ton of it and can speak from that experience and also
having done decades of darkroom film black and white work. When your
processing the capture to black and white the real time color filtering in
the color conversion is a dream come true. You can balance the tones in the
shot to come out as you'd never come close to getting with all the screw on
filters over lens in the world.
I think if I owned a Monochrom I'd still use my M24 to shoot some or much of
my black and white. If I had the choice. But that's a guess as id have to
really see the results I'd be getting from both bodies.

I have to say I'm suspicious of totally Grainless results at that size @
64,000 iso 24x36mm sensor. A small hint of grain or noise is what I'd expect
to see and I'd find that good news. As I'd know it was for real.
As is its also too small a size to really know anything anyway.
But I'm hoping and assuming the high iso noise would be as good or better
than what the top DSLR'S are getting which is pretty darned good (PDG) and
totally usable.... Cruising speed.

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2013/03/11/the-leica-m-240-real-world-camera-re>>

--
Mark William Rabiner