Subject: [Leica] NZ PAW 11
From: cedric.agie at gmail.com (Cedric Agie)
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 08:10:59 +0100

Thank you for the info. Leitz made this lens in 2 versions with and
without DR. I've got the DR version. Leica warns there might be a
problem if you try to put this DR lens on the M-9 and certainly when
focussing to infinity. They say, as for some other Leitz lenses, they
can solve this problem in the factory. Leitz for some time made a DR
focussing ring to put on some 50 mm Elmar and Summi heads. I indeed
have a problem with the DR Summi with my M-9, but not with the DR
focussing ring. When simply walking around with one M and one lens
this systhem is great when taking small subjects or flowers etc.

On the other hand I only recently bought a Leica lens with an aspheric
element, this to say that I don't have much experience with this new
generation of lenses. An experienced Leica technician I've know for
more than 30 years told me recently the new Aspheric Summis cit.; "...
many orbits above the former Summi lenses and that you cannot
compare...".

When I make makros or repros with an M, be it a Visoflex, Focoslide or
others, it is the lenshead I prefer. You simply close down, open one
stop and look at the DOF tables (plus a solid tripod from time to
time).

Regards,

Cedric