Subject: [Leica] My last aftermarket battery just died
From: cedric.agie at gmail.com (Cedric Agie)
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 09:31:49 +0100

As I see it with my wife and son, they often if not always, reload
their gadgets in the evening and then forget them untill they need
them. Sometimes one or two days later. Good chargers and their
batteries are of the quick charge type ( i.e. a few hours) and of
course have security circuits against overload etc. On the other hand
Li & NmH etc cells can manage overloads more easily and seem not to
suffer from so called memory problems.

But it's not a good thing to do this too often. Many years ago the new
Lead Gel batteries appeared. It was said they would face many years of
duty and could be left on an automatic recharger without problems.
This was verry practical for alarm and security systhems. It soon
appeared this shortened their life to only a few years. My personnal
experience is that the batteries that are recharged only from time to
time and not more than necessary live much longer.

On the other hand most of you know Leica works with subcontractors and
suppliers of small parts. I know production sometimes slowed down
because some items could not be delivered in time. In case of those
batteries I suppose Leica has more than one supplier.

Regards

Cedric