Subject: [Leica] sensor cleanliness
From: stasys1 at cox.net (Stasys Petravicius)
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 11:27:33 -0700

Hi All- I use panasonic p/s cameras on vacations. On the last trip I took
about 1800 happy snaps. I have discovered that there is a smudge in the
frame (depending on the light and composition). This is a $250 camera, and
sending it in for cleaning is not economical. I've done it before under
warranty- and it comes back if you shoot enough. Back on topic with Leica- I
just had my R9 serviced at the factory in Germany and guess what? The spots
are back in the images. I've had it back about 2 months. I can take the DMR
back off and clean? the sensor- but interchanging lenses - the spots come
back. I think the only solution is as suggested- a cleaning system
incorporated in  the camera design - or a fixed zoom lens of say 28- 200 mm
range which you do not take off the camera body.  Maybe I'll just buy
another panasonic $250 camera and use it for another 1800 or 2500 frames.
Best, Stasys

Replies: Reply from cedric.agie at gmail.com (Cedric Agie) ([Leica] sensor cleanliness)