Subject: [Leica] Technical detail--why?
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 22:21:08 +0100

Someone, I think Cedric, commented on Jean-Michel's pictures today, asking
for technical details. That got me thinking--back when I first took up
photography in 1985, I religiously noted lens, exposure etc. in a notebook.
I still have that notebook. The only thing is, the I have never actually
used the information noted therein. Nowadays, I do not care about the
technical details, indeed, when I post my weekly pictures, I don't even
mention the equipment used. What's the point? Either the photo is good or it
isn't. Whether I used my 4x5 or my iPhone should not influence the viewer's
evaluation.

Technical details are useless at best, and harmful at worst.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain