Subject: [Leica] Technical detail--why?
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 19:38:20 -0700

Maybe for you guys who have been shooting for ages. For us neophytes that
information is actually instructive: I look at an image, mostly I remember
what I was trying to achieve. How did I shoot this? Hmmm, interesting choice
but I might have gotten a better result shooting wider, or faster, or at a
different ISO. There are lots of variables in photography. Not all of us are
adept at getting them right.

I don't think having that available is harmful or useless. I find it
invaluable.

I've found a somewhat snotty vibe to the responses to this post mostly
because Nathan's original post was a bit edgy and judgmental since he dissed
the entire idea of metadata from the git-go.

Metadata are a tool, just as the captured image is a tool, to making a
better image the next time.

That's the important part.

Adam

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Technical detail--why?)