Subject: [Leica] East Africa
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 10:56:00 -0500

On Mar 25, 2013, at 11:53 PM, Jayanand Govindaraj wrote:

> A last one from Amboseli - it is really heartwarming too see mature
> elephants with HUGE tusks in the wild - just the mere fact that they have
> not been poached thrilled me:
>
> Big Mama:
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/EAfrica/2013/Amboseli_20130301_02805.jpg.html
>
> Then we went on to Ndutu from Amboseli - 6 hours drive across the
> Kenya-Tanzania border, followed by a one hour flight from Arusha. Ndutu was
> like a dust bowl - obviously it had not rained at all - it reminded me of
> Bandhavgarh in April-May! It was also obvious that we were early this year
> - no rain means no migrating herds, which in turn means not many animals
> and not much action:
>
> Dust:
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/EAfrica/2013/Ndutu_20130304_05951.jpg.html
>
> We came across a couple of Silver-backed Jackals at the carcass of a young
> zebra - as is usually the case, they were quite easily keeping the vultures
> at bay till they had eaten their fill:
>
> Veil of Flies:
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/EAfrica/2013/Ndutu_20130304_05373.jpg.html
>
> Stretch:
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/EAfrica/2013/Ndutu_20130304_05392.jpg.html
>
> Confrontation:
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/EAfrica/2013/Ndutu_20130304_05433.jpg.html
>
> We saw a few lion prides, as usual doing nothing, and did not see a single
> cub. Judging by this, next year might be better:
>
> Seduction:
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jayanand/EAfrica/2013/Ndutu_20130306_07486.jpg.html
>
> Please see LARGE.
>
> Comments and criticism, as ever, welcome.

As others have commented
I'm thoroughly enjoying your recent travels
(even though I don't comment on each and every post).

You're showing me places, flora and fauna
that I'll never get to experience
except through gorgeous photography (like yours) and/or writing.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com