Subject: [Leica] IMG: Studio fashion
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 21:37:00 +1000

Very observant and you are correct George.
The essence of this lighting is for the strobes' modifiers to be almost in
contact with the subject. In this instance wto 500w/s sources at very
lowest power with the top (with diffused beauty dish) 3/10 stop higher.
Something I've changed has made the lower unit hotter anyway. More work is
in order. I'll feather it firstly and try just a reflector alternately. I
got two more lower powered units, one of which is my background light now.
I'll experiment further

*If you want to take more interesting pictures,
stand in front of more interesting stuff* -- Joe McNally

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman