Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Yosemite Fini
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler)
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 21:21:21 -0700

The last day of photography for this trip to Yosemite was Thursday after
noon. By the end of the night, we were pooped, so decided to head home
Friday. The weather Friday was going to be another bright, sunny 16 day
and, combining a work conference with shooting on either end of each day
had burned us out (yes, I know, poor Bob...). :-)

There were some clouds as we drove through Tunnel View, so I couldn't
resist taking that much over-photographed scene of the valley:

http://rgaphoto.com/2013-04-Yosemite/content/TunnelViewPanoMASTER_large.html

Then we drove around the Valley. Cook's meadow was as beautiful a green as
I had ever seen it, and the water was flowing mightily from Upper Yosemite
Falls. Guess the heat was melting what little snow was there pretty quickly
(I heard Tioga Pass was going to be open in 3 weeks and Glacier Pt. next
week):

http://rgaphoto.com/2013-04-Yosemite/content/CookMeadowPanoMASTER_large.html

Took a little break walking around the grounds of the famous Ahwanee Hotel.
There are several reading rooms on the main floor:

http://rgaphoto.com/2013-04-Yosemite/content/L1006610_large.html

as well as the spectacular Grand Dining Room:

http://rgaphoto.com/2013-04-Yosemite/content/AhwaniPanoMASTER_large.html

My wife and I had a picnic dinner on the banks of the Merced watching the
light soften. Four hours later a full moon came up behind Cathedral Peak
and lit up El Capitan. Since my digital back only can expose up to 60
seconds and the lens is an f/4 lens, the image is noisy. But it was a
lovely peaceful time watching the stars come out and El Capitan light up
from the top to the bottom:

http://rgaphoto.com/2013-04-Yosemite/content/ElCapMoon-BW-MASTER_large.html

Thanks for looking. As always, images of such a magical place rarely do it
justice. I hope many of you can get there some day (just don't go in the
summer!!).
Best,
Bob

--