Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Yosemite Fini
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 16:22:50 +1000

I remember a local (fashion, product, even vehicles) pro telling me that
billboards are not especially demanding. They are viewed from great
distance of course and the individual "dots" may be golf ball sized. On the
other hand he values every bit of the 50mp from his Hasselblad for his work
and it allows him to shoot with much more layout flexibility for shop
window sized posters or high end magazine covers. For example a car shot in
portrait which will allow any number of formats for the director. I have
looked much more closely than intended (as photographers do) at 10 ft wide
prints of fashion photos and can attest that pixels do matter.
>From my M9 I am very content with the quality as large as I ever print IF I
DO MY PART.