Subject: [Leica] Winogrand exhibit
From: lew1716 at gmail.com (Lew Schwartz)
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 01:17:26 -0400
References: <CAF8hL-Ebe_DHomwGmo9rQENUqu0Z-mhNg3GJ299JYumrS34=SQ@mail.gmail.com> <CDB099ED.92F5%mark@rabinergroup.com> <CAF8hL-GQ7C3YsT+_zzLow-ikF7+r0e5mHHcM+38m6x6sott-0Q@mail.gmail.com> <6050E7FC-D886-47DF-8BBD-FCE5069984BD@frozenlight.eu> <CAF8hL-GNB_pfmZPZdZibQRg5X1ekKkCt8xjRccwvCQxLeFcp7Q@mail.gmail.com> <83FA0BB39D4D4AA7A01A0FD6B79C51C6@Family> <CAF8hL-FTgg4+Fb-ArNsDpZN2vav_cAXUO_Kk35Ld5RsaByL1yA@mail.gmail.com>

Doesn't "color blindness" mean not seeing color? He'd have to see it so as
to avoid people of color .... if that's what his intention was and for
whatever reason. OTOH, to make a case for his being racist or prejudiced,
wouldn't we also have to make the case that a theme in his work was to
observe or recommend that white culture is superior? Since this is very
clearly not the case, I suggest that this discussion is played out.

-Lew Schwartz