From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 07:05:17 +1000
References: <CAH1UNJ2T02hD9coBZ_TyNsX3d9Cfu75P0c3d6ytkEh1UR95sMA@mail.gmail.com> <00FAFAC6-1C08-49A2-87F9-E9E95D4E9D29@frozenlight.eu> <CAE3QcF6y4-YaF_2sxQPayft5x5NWwpXmf3VSxd6b3waq993Q4w@mail.gmail.com> <17F90B39-414F-4F23-88EA-D45EE187863A@gmail.com> <CAE3QcF6xWX5PnOXTwQBGFECDGGW++qSuhdn7uDcH_sN7uTtD3A@mail.gmail.com> <CA+3n+_kCog96OBjB6hjZA5BdJ4pSBXx1DPbURpw19wwWt067=Q@mail.gmail.com> <01ef01ce4cc2$09698600$1c3c9200$@verizon.net> <CAE3QcF70BUYwQQ5EzK23=n0jeZPkOP6DJFQ7QvF-pkG3s1YHoA@mail.gmail.com> <CA+yJO1DtMfWFapQtFp-WYpA5u_Gx8vLcHkpQ+U33t9tOk-m1Tw@mail.gmail.com>

Tina I guess you saw that the promotional pricing was for the first 12
months of your subscription.
Even better deal here is that my son qualifies for educational pricing and
the whole suite is $14.99pm rising to 24.99 after 12 months ;-) At some
point (next year) he will be off to uni though so I may need to buy into an
additional copy ( I have several qualifying earlier apps anyway).

I occasionally use Acrobat as I was doing some technical publishing but the
case for just Photoshop CC and a normal licence for Lightroom is strong for
a photographer. Actually I suspect that Lightroom will continue to grow
capabilities beyond those of LR5. It is very close to everything I need
already. I do a lot of beauty retouhing though and detailed local editing
in layers/masks is still easier in Ps right now.
Reading the fine print of any licence agreement is daunting of course.
Adobe is in business to make money like everyone else naturally. I don't
think that it would be in their interest to further damage this model with
the customers that do sign up personally.

One thing they do tell you is that you can cancel in the first month of a
12 month  contract for free or pay half the remaining if during the rest of
the year.
I think the key is to retain your existing perpetual licences for the
versions you have and install CC separately. You might need to confirm the
licence upgrade policy for yourself though.

*Fun tickets in my pocket, visions in my brain* -- Jimmy Buffett

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman