Subject: [Leica] OT: Vinyl Record Turntables
From: leesonpj at gmail.com (Philip Leeson)
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 08:05:05 -0500

I think many audiophiles would say that Thorens was the Leica of Turntables
back in the day.
B&O is overpriced, style over substance, hard to fix, and so on.
Scratching records would likely be user error; I know of no correctly set up
TT that scratches vinyl.

For the OP; consider a tiny separate phono preamp such as found here:
<http://www.phonopreamps.com>

Then you can pick up a vintage TT of your choice. -- Look at Dual, AR,
Technics, Thorens, etc.
If you really get into it, you'll be changing cartridges and turntables more
than LUGers change lenses?

Phil