Subject: [Leica] Back on Pender
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 08:39:32 +1000

Coming from a different aspect, I have only tried the camera in a store and
I have a Leica to use my M lenses on of course. By all accounts the
Fujifilm primes work very well (more are coming plus the new Zeiss branded
ones) and the new zoom is meant to be much better than the cheap kit zooms.*
 *I think a better path might be to decide which of the Fuji X's suits you
best and just use their AF lenses rather than try to make it an M body
substitute.
The XPro 1 is hardly smaller if at all than an M but you get the clever
finder, you get smaller minus that OVF in the XE-1 of course. I thought the
EVF was good (comparing with OM D). The petite X100S is an appealing option
if you're dedicated enough to use the fixed 35 equivalent.

*Fun tickets in my pocket, visions in my brain* -- Jimmy Buffett

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman