Subject: [Leica] To tempt Fuji X users?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 02:17:35 -0400

The super selective focus effect is not really on option for most work
commercial photographers get. Clients want too see more than a sliver of
stuff in focus. Every once in a while the sliver thing in focus thing has
had good photojournalist effect for me but in general I've had to use it
sparingly. Though in most cases I have to admit it just doesn't occur to me.
I try to get most everything in focus most of the time.
I remember in the college darkroom the people who shot everything wide open
were the ones who didn't know what the other small set of numbers meant on
their lens. The depth of field numbers. So controlling that was not their
concern. Especially if it led to not getting the fastest shutter speed why
bother figuring that out?. To me it did not seem like low craft it seemed
like total lack of all craft or care. They didn't get the time of day from
most of us.