Subject: [Leica] IMG: Airplane ID?
From: billcpearce at cox.net (Bill Pearce)
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 23:30:04 -0500

Yes, Sky King's original AC was a Cessna Bobcat, as I remember from my
youth, an airplane that had a single engine sea level rate of climb of MINUS
50 feet per minute, which kind of negates the advantage of twin engines. He
had a relationship with Cessna (the former president, Dwayne Wallace, was an
absolute prince, along with being Clyde Cessna's  nephew. He was the man who
brought Cessna back from failure.) He was, unlike an other successor,
universally held in high regard by his employees. He would walk through the
factory and greet employees by names, and ask about their families by name.
He set up Sky King (Kirby Grant, who had an interest in aviation) with a
Cessna 310, which he flew in succeeding seasons. It wasn't the best TV show
of it's time but a lot of fun. Dwayne and his wife Velma, were both
enthusiastic pilots of the 310. She later graduated to the Cessna 421. They
were the greatest people I have ever known.