Subject: [Leica] PESO: RG Lewis and Leica M frustrations
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 04:17:34 -0400

A problem with our opinions of the higher Leica pricing what that seven
grand usd has got us.  It got us an M8 or M9 which was not embraced but the
top people who'd been shooting before with M6's. Most of those went on to
shoot DSLR's. So it got  us gear which was of limited success.
So for the most part digital Leica has been practiced by rich guys we'd
never heard of;  and whose results we're never going to see. If they
actually used the cameras to any effect. Present company of course excepted.

I think at least now finally for our seven grand we're going to be in better
company. We'll be in the company of top people who spent the money on this
rarified stuff, the M240 and Monochrome and then went out and did notable
work with it. Like before with our M6,7,and P's. Work we're now seeing in
top magazines, newspapers and catalogs.
And that will make us feel better about the percentage of our body of wealth
that we've put into this gear.
And of course we'll be able to see the results we're getting with this gear
ourselves.

Nobodies going to be calling it jewelry.
The collective body of work done with the new digital bodies will be a
matter of public record.