Subject: [Leica] Leica Mini M
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 02:36:43 -0400

Intelligent guessing really is fun. A bit like puzzle making or reading a
who dunnit  and trying to be Sherlock Holmes. A but like gambling or playing
the odds basic on how we access what we know. We must be a perceptive
analyst to make a smart forecast.
In the end we'll see who wins. Who comes the closest. It will be all in the
LUG archives. Hold the anchovies.

We're in a stage now where the Sony RX1 compact will shoot the pants off the
Leica X2 compact as it has a full sized sensor.
So Leica is going to respond by putting interchangeable lenses on it?
The RX1 will STILL shoot the pants off it.
Leica HAS TO to come out with a camera which will be as compact as the Sony
but make better pictures than the Sony. The true essence of what it means to
be a Leica camera is in compactness and high quality from that small product
form.
Compactness is where Leica lives. At least in its history.
It can't  settle for second place in this area.
The Rx1 has a super premium a bit ostentatious Zeiss optic in front of it.
But Leica can out do Zeiss when it puts its mind to it it. And it will.
And it wont let the camera puff up as a result of an ostentatiously puffed
up optic in front. It will put a compact ASPH APO Leica gem in front.
>From years of experience of making glass which wont interfere with the
viewfinder. Experience Sony never had making Walkmans and Trinitron screens.
Leica can certainly design a better compact camera than Sony.

The M240 is mouth watering but a metal munching mouthful. I love it and want
one but Leicawise  its a bit of a monster.
A digital compact of Barnack proportions will even things out they way they
should be.
A non tunnel carpel option.
A camera a guy with asthma who wants to climb hills would want to use.