Subject: [Leica] SD cards & magnets or quietest bag - Mark
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard)
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 10:47:53 +0200

Smart refers to the holder ;-)

wiki says it all under the history heading Mark - Carte Bleue for
instance
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_card

and contactless also refers to phones being used for the purpose of
paying in the shops, on buses, etc. but also making transactions and
following your accounts and giving/making orders - what I'd written
about banks selling cell-phone subscriptions.

BTW, when in NYC earlier this year Alice's (French) international card
failed at an HSBC ATM close to Union Square - the cause was that the
chip was told by an international center in Ireland that since some
cash had been withdrawn 24 hours earlier in Germany, this might be
stolen ID.
We asked her bank to lift the restriction and it took them less than
an hour to restore normal operation.
So not all fears about ID theft  are grounded.
The system works in the US, I also withdrew what we needed for a good
week in your marvellous city, and safely entered my pin at Macy's and
other places.
Oh yes, bought a brand new outrageously expensive third party lens cap
from that Leica hop on 5th ...
Don't I look smart?
;-)

Amiti?s
Philippe

Le 4 juin 13 ? 10:08, Mark Rabiner a ?crit :

> Ok then define "Smart Card". Because as you are a French guy you
> could be
> talking about who knows what!!?!
> I Wiki'd it. But its not all falling together.

NO ARCHIVE

Replies: Reply from red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] SD cards & magnets or quietest bag - Mark)
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] SD cards & magnets or quietest bag - Mark)