Subject: [Leica] Adapter for R lenses for S camera
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 20:42:25 -0700

Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 19:13:14 -0700
From: Jim Christie <jim.christie at sbcglobal.net>
To: "lug at leica-users.org" <lug at leica-users.org>

I am very frustrated. I own a lot of wonderful R lenses and wonder why an
adapter can't be developed to use them on the S Leica. I'm  probably stupid
for asking this question, but I'm about ready to say goodbye to Leica. Any
thoughts/suggestions?

Jim

Hi Jim,
If you haven't already done so, please check out:

<http://leitax.com/leica-lens-for-nikon-cameras.html>

I fitted all my R lenses with leitax nikon bayonets and used them on first a
D700 and now a D800E.
Focus confirmation is reasonably accurate but not absolutely precise - up to
f8.0 on the D800E and the exceptional quality of Leica R lenses shines
through.
There is no auto aperture, of course.

Picture samples are here:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/lens+pix/>