Subject: [Leica] Drobo 5n
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 02:46:50 +0000

Other NASes can do that, my Infrant/NetGear for example. If you buy a
dedicated NAS try and buy a spare PSU at the same time....

john

The thing that is attractive about the Drobo is that it can be scaled up,
while running, with drives that are mismatched in capacity - that is not a
feature of any other system I have studied and helps me deal with the
effective re-use of internal drives now too small for my Mac Pro. I'm
assuming that the parity data is compressed somehow, since the net
capacities are higher.

Dante

Message from msadat at gmail.com (mehrdad) ([Leica] Drobo 5n)
Message from dstella1 at ameritech.net (Dante Stella) ([Leica] Drobo 5n)