Subject: [Leica] IMG: The Isle of Man TT 1993
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 09:20:41 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 11 Jun 2013 Douglas Barry" <imra at iol.ie>wrote:

>Nice one of Steve Linsdell going around Governor's atop a Yamaha FZ750. I
>first went there in 1969 and again in 1972. The extremely rough trip from
>Dublin to Douglas on an ancient small stabiliserless packet ship was an
>epic
>in the annals of vomit. Two people broke their legs slipping on it in the
>force nine storm and ambulances were waiting on Douglas docks! Always
>intended to fly back sometime as the TT atmosphere is amazing.

>Douglas
==========================================================================================================================================
Thanks for the info on the rider,  I never got around to checking who I
captured.  Glad you made it all right on that voyage.  On my trip, the Lady
of Mann rammed the dock in Douglas just as we were all going down to get on
our bikes.  Everyone was trapped in the hold for 20 minutes, with bikes on
their sides leaking petrol, until they could get the doors open and we could
ride out (my bike, and my friend's were on center stands, so they did not
fall over).

Alan

(Retired)
UPAA POY 1978