Subject: [Leica] M Monochrom review in PDN
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 23:48:54 -0400

He says the camera lags after two or three RAW+JPEG shots in rapid
succession.
Why would it be necessary to shoot both a RAW+JPEG especially if one is
worried about such burst rates? Isn't a RAW enough? One cant take a minute
when one gets home and make a jpeg? Or are we working for the AP or Reuters
here and firing off our take at a Starbucks seconds after shooting it?

Another thought which caught me on his thing is he says the camera is not
tolerant of over exposure.
I'm wondering what camera was he using which WAS tolerant of over exposure?
As as far as I know all digital cameras are very similar to shooting slides.
You don't over expose them. You place your high tones carefully and let the
dark tones fall where they may.
A statement like "this camera is not tolerant of over exposure" makes me
thing this is not a guy who has gotten into digital really.
I read him widely during the film era. I hope he's really  making the
transition.