Subject: [Leica] IMG: Bromeliad blossoms bokeh
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 00:00:56 -0400

You've got the macro thing down and without flash!
I don't see that that often!
I think the very high usable iso' s of your new M240 would be a boom to this
work.

You're shooting at full bore iso with an M9 iso640  and somehow getting good
results at 60th of a second which is way slow for macro. Way.
Its even slow when using a 75mm lens for not macro.
I think the results you'll be getting at 3 or 4 more iso' s will be a boom.
It has been for me with  my DSLR full frame.
Being able to really do really viable macro without flash on a cord.

Tripods are only so much of a help as the little twiggy's keep wiggling in
the breeze.

On 6/22/13 11:07 PM, "Geoff Hopkinson" <hopsternew at gmail.com> wrote:

> Trying is easy, Mark is hard ;-)
>
> I did shoot the botany book illustration sharp front to back versions as
> well.
> But then it wouldn't hardly qualify as Bromeliad Blossoms in *Bokeh* now
> would it?
> This is "art" doncha know ;-)
> These more to your taste perhaps?
> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/130983354
> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/128264662
> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/128531434
> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/128531434
> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/128531440
> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/139278338
> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/140920576
>
> These flowers are cutting into my editing time here.
> Have a good one!
>

> *Family and friends are everything.*
>
> Cheers
> Geoff
> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman
>

> On 23 June 2013 12:46, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com> wrote:
>
>> Dying is easy macro is hard.
>> But it was a fun experiment!
>>

>> On 6/22/13 7:21 PM, "Geoff Hopkinson" <hopsternew at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for looking Mark. The limited focus was intentional in the ones I
>>> selected to show. I did shoot each composition from f/2 through to f/11.
>>> prefer what is meant to be the semi-abstract in these. They're just
>> flowers
>>> as an exercise in workflow..
>>>

>>> *Family and friends are everything.*
>>>
>>> Cheers