Subject: [Leica] Fear of Pixel Peeping
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 00:18:59 -0400

If you're going to spend huge sums on photo gear and then go on to commit to
knowing almost nothing about the use of that gear which small set of info
would you like to have at your disposal? Rumor A or bad advice B?

His whole premise that using a 16-35mm f/4 AFS G VRII zoom Nikkor is on the
internet "ill advised" as its not a premium lens.
He's saying that in comparison to the 14-24mm f/2.8 AFS G   he's also
letting us know he has its the  16-35mm  is not a premium lens.
Because of the use of a high rez camera like the D800 in which the use of
really good glass might really pay off if one really made a huge print from
it which none of them ever do.

And I'm betting at this very moment there are thousands of top shooters out
shooting with their superb cutting edge highly thought  of and used 16-35mm
while leaving their monster  14-24mm back at the studio and having no qualms
about it just like everyone else they know or have heard of.

This is known as internet camera enthusiast BS.

I'd hope lots of people spending tens of thousands on such gear would go
more into their photo efforts than relying on such internet aphorisms and
rumors... And blogs by camera nuts.