Subject: [Leica] AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!! DOUG
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 13:50:31 +0530

No digital body that I have bought has ever failed. The first was the Nikon
D70, which is surprisingly still functional after being manhandled as a
beginner's camera by various nephews, nieces, friends and acquaintances,
and is now in the process of being donated to a NGO for their use to
document meetings and seminars. Another D70, my sons', has been converted
to IR by him, and works flawlessly, though I really have not really taken
it out for an extended spin. In fact all the digital cameras that I have
owned and sold/given away since are all with known people and still working
well (Nikon D300 x 2, D7000, D700, Lumix GF1, GH1). My view is that, on the
whole, digital bodies are just as good and reliable as the equivalent film
ones were.

Coming to think of it, the only camera body that I have ever owned that had
to go back for service to the manufacturer for malfunction (twice) is the
tank-like Nikon F4, and it still remains slightly temperamental at times.
Even my Nikon F & F2AS are in good shape, with their meters still working.

Cheers
Jayanand