Subject: [Leica] AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!! DOUG
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard)
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 08:46:34 +0200

Doug,

a SH sturdy D700 would bring you a cheap temporary FF "acceptable"
solution - you find F mounts for Leica for less than U$20 on the bay.

You'd gain enjoyable higher ISO performance while staying within the
wide pixels range.
And VERY flexible files as a result.

Focusing wouldn't be a easy as with the R8/9 though.

Oh yes, I know what you think of CMOS and filters, yet ...
http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/355117-2/Kenzo-3555-2.jpg
(35 yo Macro Elmarit @ 2.8, handheld)

Hopes this helps you envision a more positive future than just film.

:-)

Amiti?s
Philippe a sympathetic former R8 user and a DMR frustrated one too as
it was discontinued just when ...

Le 25 juin 13 ? 08:22, Mark Rabiner a ?crit :