Subject: [Leica] M with EVF
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 09:21:37 +0000

I have happily used the EVF (rear screen and now a VF-2 as well) for close
stuff (50mm DR) or out of curiosity at close to mid distances.

One of my test shots is out of my office window, the neighbouring house has
two spikes on the roof one ~50m and the other ~60m from me. With the
rangefinder I can distinguish focus on each of these. I put the 70/180 R on
a tripod and at 180mm f2.8 the EVF at 5x not only says that both are in
focus at the same time (the 50mm Summilux asph can take photos showing one
in focus but not the other) but that foliage about another 50m behind is
also in focus - this is patently untrue :-(

I will do more tests, particularly once Leica finally release their adaptor,
but it looks like the EVF is not too good with longer lenses and fine
mid-distance focussing.....

john