Subject: [Leica] AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 17:33:01 +0100 (BST)

Can I add a fourth recommendation to these three? I bought a X Pro-1 on an
impulse when I went into my dealer to order a Leica M. It is absolutely
great. I have the Fuji Leica M adapter, and it is worth the extra cash for
ther ability to save lens corrections for the Leica lenses you use with it.
I recently got a Metabones X to Leica R "speed booster" which is a Fuki X to
Leica R adapter with Brian Caldwell designed inverse teleconverter style
optics which increase the speed of the lens and give it the same (ish) angle
of view on the Fuji as it would have on film.
I haven't extensively tested it (probably never will extensively...) but the
first try with my 19mm f2.8 R lens looked pretty fine. My 35mm f2 goes tight
before reaching infinity though, so a bit more of a measure is called for.
Metabones list some non-compatible lenses but the 35mm f2 isn't on the list.
Same downside as always though, no auto aperture stop down.
Anyway I cancelled my order for an M. A bit fed up with Leica actually, it
seems none of the UK dealers are getting cameras apart possibly from the
Mayfair boutique...
FD