Subject: [Leica] AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 10:21:47 +0100

In the UK I think the M delivery situation is far, far worse than either the
M8 or M9 delay. I ordered both my M8 and my M9 in timely fashion and got a
timely delivery. In the case of the M, I also ordered in a timely fashion
but dealers here, with the exception of the Mayfair boutique, are yet to
receive a single camera, even the dealers who have been Leica supporters for
decades.
If the Fuji X Pro-1, which I bought when I ordered an M, was not as
excellent as it is I would still have my M on order. But the Fuji is
excellent so I cancelled. I will almost certainly buy one eventually, I
usually do...
Based on my experience in engineering I would suspect that Leica are having
more profound teething trouble than anticipated in early production.
Manufacturing always throws up a few unexpected snags when production
starts, it will be factored in. Sometimes there are more than expected,
sometimes less. I would bet five bob of my own money that this is the reason
for the delay, and that Leica, like all manufacturers making a new product
won't 'fess up.
FD

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!)