Subject: [Leica] Buying Leica.....
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 19:19:37 -0400

I also bought a Leica 40 years ago because I knew it would stand up under
all kinds of conditions that other cameras would not.  I still feel that is
true with my digital Leicas.  I don't know what the reason is, but I've
never had a problem with my digital cameras that wasn't fixed immediately
by Leica.  I dunked two M8s in a river, dried them by a fire, and they kept
working.  Maybe I'm just lucky when it comes to cameras but I still believe
in Leica.  I don't think I could have dunked my Canon 1DMII or 5D in a
river and still had them work.  I love the simplicity of the Leica menus,
buttons and knobs that I can use in the dark by feel.  I love rangefinder
focusing.  I love my old Leica lenses.  I would put up with a lot of quirks
to be able to use my old lenses full frame but I don't have to.  I'm a
happy camper.

Tina