Subject: [Leica] Buying Leica.....
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 08:59:36 -0500 (CDT)

Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 08:38:23 +0530
From: Jayanand Govindaraj <jayanand at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Leica] Buying Leica.....
To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>

Tina,
Easy enough to calculate - in 1973 - US$ 3812.06

http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

Cheers
Jayanand
============================================================================================================================================
In December 1973, I made arrangements with my local camera store to pay off
my purchase of a used M3 in installments as I couldn't come up with the $325
all at once.  They were kind enough to let me start using the camera with
the first payment, as long as I left my Pentax Spotmatic as collateral
(which I was more than happy to do - I REALLY wanted to start using a
Leica).  This is the M3 that is still my most beloved.

The store is still there, with its great sign.
Previously:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Signs/CamCtr_AMR.jpg.htm>
Unfortunately now it is without the neon:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Signs/CamCtrColor_AMR.jpg.htmll>

Alan

(Retired)
UPAA POY 1978