Subject: [Leica] Leica Cameras
From: bjq1 at mac.com (Barney Quinn)
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 19:51:31 +0000 (GMT)

This is in no sense an improvement. You have, in my view, made things worse.
The face that your have been abused in your life, or the fact that people
have said hard things to you in no way, under no circumstances provides you
with any reasonable justification for abusing or being angry with any other
human being. Two wrongs to not make a right. That is a totally bankrupt
moral position. Quite the contrary. Having been hurt it should motivate you
to take care not to injure others.

What you said to Tina was hurtful. Rewording it so that it says parent,
partner, boy friend, girlfriend, aunt, uncle, or whomever in no way makes
the remark acceptable because the core thrust of your comment is that Tina
can't make it on her own. That is simply not true. She did. I have enormous
respect for her as a person and as a photographer. I do not comment on it
all that often, but I very much enjoy her pictures. I always make it a point
to look at them.

The prime tenant of being in a hole, which is where you are, is to stop
digging. Wouldn't it be better all around if you put down your shovel,
stopped digging, admitted you crossed a line you would have been better
advised not to cross, apologize, and then got on with your photography.

Perhaps you might consider taking the advice you gave Tina. What is it about
this discussion which has such an emotional hold on you??

Banrey

E-Mail: bjq1 at mac.com
Home: (301) 654-0938
Cell: (301) 775-1386