Subject: [Leica] IMG: Hover Fly
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 15:50:42 -0500

Seeing all of the discussion of flies and bees on the LUG today, I
challenged myself to find one that I had not seen previously.  I first tried
with the Leica Elmarit-R 60, but could not get a sharply focused image.
Went back out with the little ZD 35 Macro, with AF, and bagged this one.

A search indicates it is a Hover Fly, but the exact type is impossible for
me to determine.  The eye spacing indicates it is probably a female.

Comments and critiques welcomed.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] IMG: Hover Fly)