Subject: [Leica] Politically Incorrect terminology
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 17:30:28 -0600

I've been following the "senorita" thread with considerable interest,
weighing the arguments on both sides.  Like Larry and Steve, I've always
had a problem with the term as used here on the LUG, but when I've asked
myself why I have a hard time coming up with a rational answer.  Probably
we'll never all agree on the point, cultural differences being what they
are.  Going to the dictionary doesn't help because the dictionary is deaf
to social context.  It's good be reminded that whatever you speak or write
may carry different associations for the hearer/reader than it does for you.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Politically Incorrect terminology)