Subject: [Leica] Politically Incorrect terminology
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 08:56:14 +0530

Phil,
Let me give you an example of how cultural differences work - it is all in
the mind, and steeped in ignorance of other cultures. There was a huge
shindig a few days ago on the statement that a husband bought an expensive
piece of kit for his wife, it was considered sexist. In India, it would be
taken as a compliment, that a husband buys something really expensive for
his wife (it normally would be jewelry, but a Leica is close enough! LOL).
There are no "your accounts" and "my accounts" in our marriages,
irrespective of who earns what, it is always OUR account - every asset in
our family is jointly held. We assume that marriages are going to last, not
take defensive precautions for a divorce that might happen. Anything else
sounds ludicrous to me, but that is the difference in cultures...Live and
let live!

By the way, if appreciating attractive members of either sex is considered
sexist, the world is a sad place. After all, it is what we are genetically
wired for!

Cheers
Jayanand