Subject: [Leica] not taking issue??? really???
From: dbirkey at hcjb.org (Duane Birkey)
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 02:23:18 +0000

Ummm, i think there are probably a lot of people who take issue with what
Chris Crawford wrote... on many levels....  but did not want to extend the
agony/flame wars... and did not comment on it....   There were several who
expressed the need for apology quite well enough..  and that overshadowed
the rest of the post...

I agree with Tina that Leica lenses are superior to Canon...  I have done
large prints that prove it...     the guys at my lab noticed the difference
as well...  In certain situations, I can see color fringing from Canon L
series zooms...  I would say those facts are true...   All of us who have
used or use Leica cameras and lenses do so for our own reasons...  people
who bash Leicas and Leica users do so for their own reasons...

I know a lot of people who have worked hard to earn/ pay for their camera
gear.. (leica or Canon) why?  because they love the art and craft of
photography...  people buy Leica because for them, there is nothing else
like it...   There is a reason for the mystique...   but it is not for
everyone... or for every type of  photography....

IMHO

Duane...