Subject: [Leica] Mr. B. D. Colen speaks
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 09:26:04 -0400

Hi, Peter -

I missed your first post because we have been out working in the garden in
the few hours it hasn't rained here lately!

Yes, I would have made the photos in B&W even if I had color available.  In
fact, I always carried two cameras, one with color and one with B&W film.
 I used B&W normally for people and for when I needed high speed - most of
the time inside dark adobe houses!  I think I would still use B&W even with
the high ISO digital available today.  That's why I've got the MM camera
now.  I just love B&W for people.  The Guatemalan people use color as part
of their identity and it seems a shame to remove that so most of my
Guatemalan people are in color.  I do have some of the women working in
their houses in B&W, though.

Ted is right about clothes and souls!

Tina