Subject: [Leica] Leica Cameras
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 16:25:18 -0500 (CDT)

+1

Gene

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tina Manley" <images at comporium.net>
To: "lug" <lug at leica-users.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 2, 2013 10:38:26 AM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central

LEICA USERS GROUP -

I have been a professional photographer since I incorporated my business in
1980.  I have worked really hard to make my business self-supporting and it
is.  I worked for many years as a teacher until my photography business
began to bring in more money than teaching.  I bought my first Leica M6 in
1989 because my old Minolta SRT101 would not hold up to the extreme
conditions of my trips throughout the developing world, where most of my
assignments were.  I have used Leica M6, M4, M3, M2, M7, M8, M9 and MM
cameras.  I have Leica M lenses from the 21 to the 135.  All of my Leica
lenses are old.  I have not bought a Leica M lens in many years.  All of my
Leica cameras were bought and paid for with money from my business.  As
digital cameras have improved, I have upgraded my Leica cameras.  If I had
not had to switch to digital for business reasons, I would still be using
my Leica film cameras.  None of my purchases were made for emotional
reasons.  Leicas perform for me.  I would not use them if they did not.  I
have never had a Leica camera fail that Leica did not repair quickly,
sending me lenders overnight.  I am sorry that the cameras are so expensive
but I do believe you get what you pay for.  In my experience, Leicas are
worth what I pay for them.  I have never used a Fuji camera or an Olympus.
 I'm sure they are wonderful.  I hated the Canons I used when I first
switched to digital. At this stage of my life, I am not interested in
switching systems.  I am not interested in using medium format cameras and
cannot imagine carrying one to some of the places I travel.  Leicas happen
to be the perfect cameras for me and my work.  That's why I'm on a Leica
Users Group.  If you hate Leicas, perhaps you should be on another group!

Tina

--
Tina Manley
http://tina-manley.artistwebsites.com