Subject: [Leica] Would an SSD speed up Lightroom?
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 02:13:55 +0000

See more benefit from moving to an i7 CPU and +8GB RAM IMO

john

I use a Macbook Pro from around 2008 (2.33 Core 2 Duo) and it's starting to
get slow. Especially with Lightroom tasks. I upgraded it to 4 GB Ram (3 GB
usable RAM).

My friend says I should think about changing the HDD for an SSD. Would this
really make the computer generally faster, and would it mean less waiting
around for Lightroom to do things like zoom in on photos and export
selected DNGs as JPGs?

All the best,

Peter