Subject: [Leica] IMGs: form = the soul of what we see
From: lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 20:14:51 +0200

George,

Very nice pictures, especially the second one in B&W. Of course I prefer the
B&W.

I like very much what you say

"From a purely pragmatic point of view tonality (monotone) defines form in a
similar way as line defines shape. Light falling on an object creates the
values which allow us to understand the form and depth of things, including
our human form, because of where highlights and shadows fall. Light can also
enhance or flatten ?textures.? We often view people, places and things as
having ?character? when we can see and understand something of their history
through their forms and textures. We can not only ?see? form and texture?we
can also ?feel? form and texture with our hands and bodies."

A Catalan  photographer, Francesc Catala Roca, who passes away in 1998 and I
had the pleasure to know, has said "unfortunately firs was discovered the
B&W than color, if this was happen inverse the B&W would be the most
fantastic thing discovered", you can enjoy some of his images here.

http://tinyurl.com/mggrvs4

Cheers
Lluis

El 20/07/2013, a las 19:20, George Lottermoser escribi?: