Subject: [Leica] Elliott Erwitt
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 13:02:58 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 Gerry Walden <gerry.walden at me.com>wrote:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Elliott Erwitt

>A tremendous photographer who I once had the great pleasure of meeting with
>in London. I found him very amusing and 'human'. He is one of the very few
>photographers who have been >honoured in this country with a series of
>postage stamps featuring his dog images. He can do few wrongs in my eyes.

>Gerry

>Gerry Walden
===================================================================================================================================================
I would love to meet Elliott Erwitt.  He is my favorite photographer, not
only for his pictures, but because of his outlook on life.  His photos
grabbed me early in my career, and his practical and gentle philosophy has
guided me.  In 1988, through Magnum, (and without any previous
correspondence) I sent him some of my "Enigmatic" prints to look at (my
personal pictures that I think were most influenced by his kind of visual
humor), not really expecting them to reach him, but not only did Mr. Erwitt
look at my pictures, when returning the packet he included a hand written
note giving me encouragement, and saying he had enjoyed them.

Alan

(Retired)
UPAA POY 1978
amr3 at uwm.edu