Subject: [Leica] Thoughts on Auto ISO
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 17:07:20 -0400

I've had my auto iso turned off for the past seven years just about never. I
may have used it once or twice.
On top of the auto iso setting  on I'm also deciding on if I'm  also
shooting A aperture preferred, S shutter preferred ( about never) or M
Manual.
But the M manual its really not manual with me as the iso changes with the
light. The iso is always turned on. So the M setting with iso just ends up
being you have your F-stop and shutter speed settings both locked in more so
than with the  A and S modes.
That works out sometimes but you can miss some shots sometimes of you're not
totally on  top of it if the light changes too fast you can under expose.
when it gets just too dark for your setting or over expos? whine you go into
the sunlight. As your F-stop and shutter speed setting are not going to move
when you go out of gamut.