Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Family Photos
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 14:44:08 -0700

Tina Manley SHOWED:

> I've been scanning old family snapshots lately.  My son got married in
> Gibraltar in April but the bride's mother did not attend because she won't
> fly.  So they are doing the whole thing over next week in Charleston.  As
> part of the informal ceremony, they plan to have a slide show of both them
> growing up.  The show won't include all of these but I've put them up in a
> gallery so Tim can choose the ones he wants.
>
> Warning:  These are family snapshots!  But I really enjoyed seeing my kids
> grow up through the years and thought some of you might be interested,
> too:
>
> http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/tim&page=all

Hi Tina,

I find most of the LUG family snaps are the best by a long run as most are
taken on the fly and or just doing "HAPPY SNAP" family stuff worth millions
in later years as you are doing here. If as photo amateurs when we began our
families they become the treasure chest subjects for later years. I must
have thousands of slides and B&W negs in three ring binders that for years
I've said, I'm going to do what you're doing, scanning a bunch for each of
my 4 children as they've grown-up . Also scores of images of our 10
Grandchildren. Although with the grandkids I have them organized in folders
already in the computer so it's much easier to cut a disk and or inserting
new material as it comes along.

And with two of the grandson's getting married in a couple of weeks I
suppose it wont belong before I start a Great-grandchild folder given there
are 10 Grand children!  And time will tell how many GG children will be
along here shortly. At least I have a half dozen new 3 ring binders I can
start filling! :-)

A wonderful record of your children as they grow so quickly! This kind of
record is wonderful for them and their future children.!

cheers,
ted