Subject: [Leica] $1000 per print.....
From: scleroplex at gmail.com (scleroplex)
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 19:27:08 -0400

Message: 16
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 10:45:42 +0100
From: "Douglas Barry" <imra at iol.ie>
Subject: Re: [Leica] $1000 per print.....
To: "Leica Users Group" <lug at leica-users.org>

"scleroplex" <scleroplex at gmail.com> wrote

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/01/fashion/the-marginalized-front-and-center.html?_r=0

Baryshnikov? What's in a name? OK Daddy may have been a ballet dancer, but
the most important thing is he was a FAMOUS ballet dancer. A famous name, a
white wall and a large print all help to translate something that's possibly
quite slight into something that's quite covetable. I'm not saying the
buyers are impressionable, but they just might be :-)

> a fool and his money are easily parted...........

On ballet connections in photography, may I humbly offer myself as an
example, and state I'm raising my prices accordingly. Alicia Markova - a
prima ballerina assoluta (see Wikipedia) - was my third cousin. I shall get
my tights out the next time I go out with a camera.....

Douglas

:-))

there was a great great op-ed piece in the new york times this past week -

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/27/opinion/the-charitable-industrial-complex.html

- by warren buffet's son

puts in perspective the absolute nonsense in the baryshnikov article about
doing good and being a socially conscious progressive
while living in manhattan and selling pictures of poor people for $1000 in
the hamptons

cheers!
bharani

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] $1000 per print.....)