Subject: [Leica] Leica NY Times article-Leica/Contax
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (amnet)
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 21:33:48 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 9 Aug 2013 Jim Shulman <jshulman at judgecrater.com>wrote:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica NY Times article

>film perfectly, and checking to see that it's loading properly.  Kind of a
>draw here, because the Contax's fully opening back which slides off the
>camera (and unsecured takeup spool, which invariably winds up on the
>floor) means that you have to get everything just right (tight enough
>start on the spool, no film slack across the rear of the shutter) before
>reattaching the back.  Since I have figured out how to tear leader for a
>LTM Leica, the Leica's actually a little faster to load.

>Jim
Jim, do you use your built-in back holder when changing film with the Contax?

Here it is in use (with a Nikon F):
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Gear/20130809_MR_Mine_LMX1010718.jpg.html>

I took the strap off for clarity, but the strap makes it even easier to
juggle all the components.

Alan

(Retired)
UPAA POY 1978