Subject: [Leica] motion..STEVE BARBOUR
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 21:29:07 -0700

Steve Barbour SHOWED

Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2013 8:36 PM
Subject: [Leica] motion..

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/paw2013/codyballs.jpg.html

Hi Steve!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good on you.... what you have is two actions in one!
The motion of panning the camera at the right speed as the dog was running.
And yet caught the BALL in the dogs mouth stopped action.

I'd say to any photographer who told me...... "Well I saw this exact photo
and went click." I'm afriad I'd tell he or she "BS BIGTIME!"! Doing
"swishy-pans are always 99% luck as successful as this photograph is!

Now how does this kind of shot work?  Well I'd bet this could happen
shooting it only once or a hundred attempts! It is 99% luck plain and simple
as you, the photog really don't see anything as sharp as we see in the
stopped photograph! Certainly the ball! Obviously it's there but not likely
seen as a shap element seen here.
All your really concerned with is the shutter speed and you moving the
camera at the correct swishy speed.

cheers,
Dr.ted :-)

Replies: Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] motion..STEVE BARBOUR)